Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Hint of Spring . . .


On a hill over looking Hamilton Gardens http://www.hamiltongardens.co.nz/ , there is the old city cemetary. I happened to be up there today collecting tree samples and saw the first snowdrops of the season, I also noticed some of the early cherry trees budding and heard a tui - that was the bonus !

The cemetary isn`t used for burials anymore, unless you have a family plot, it is a very peaceful place to be with many of Hamilton`s early settlers resting there, plus a large soldiers plot. The saddest part for me is the childrens area, so little and so many - often from one family . . .
Still, spring is heralding her coming with buds bursting and bright, clear days.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I just found your lovely blog today and was scrolling through some older posts. My grandmother's name was Ora and I named one of my hives after her. How wonderful to learn the meaning of her name. My other hived is named Walter, after my grandfather.

HENHOUSE POTTERY said...

What beautiful photos! I always so enjoy reading your blog.