Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Aotearoa Autumn . . .

Autumn is my absolute favourite season, I don`t mind a little rain or wind - the days are usually settled with that gorgeous mellow light that bathes everything in a soft yellow/orange glow. Above are the tulips I brought (unseasonal of course) with a bowl of beautiful scented ornamental quince and the gorgeous card my lovely daughter, Pip, made for me - she is very clever, making cards using pictures she cuts out of old girls annuals and the like - this one has a stylised looking `me` with a honey bee on a leash ! There is also a photo of my grandaughter Lia and grandson Elliott taken awhile ago now. I have to be surrounded in my`things` getting loads of enjoyment from just `looking` . .
A busy wee spider had made this perfect web over night - the water droplets caught in the strands glistened this morning on my walk through the Gardens - once the slight fog had lifted everything sparkled, and I heard quail calling.

As I walked across the rose garden this morning this beautiful sight greeted me - the balloon slowly rising through the mist, silently gliding across the city - we are so lucky to live where we are, here in Godszone as NZ is often called - it seems so easy to notice the simple pleasures often overlooked in our busy lives - it just takes time to stop and treasure the jewells we are surrounded by . . .


1 comment:

Doris said...

Beautiful and inspiring, thank you. I so relate to your feelings about your daughter and grandchildren. Nothing makes us happier than being with them, right? Lovely photos.