Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beauty Deep . .

I love looking deep into a flower and marveling at the beauty it contains. Thousands of tiny pollen grains just waiting for a bee or butterfly or many other insects, to crawl in, first to sample the sweet treat of nectar, then on the way out, brush against the anthers, collecting so many pollen grains to take into the next flower to help create a seed - natures potent storehouse of new life and energy - awesome . . .

Imagine our world without all this beauty - I cannot begin to think how sad and dreary we would all be - no more colour, not even a lonely little dandylion in the lawn . . .

Come on everyone, plant a garden, leave a patch of ground wild and overgrown so the weeds will go to seed, food for the birds during the cold months and new life in spring. Here in NZ, is is winter, time to reflect and rest, read lots of books - recharge the batteries. If only it was as simple, life now seems so hectic, we have to take the time to look deep into the late flowering rose and remember . . .



4 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn & Jeff said...

I thought I had left a comment but it isn't showing - maybe this will be a repeat!
I agree with you that a world without flowers would be a sad place, therefore without bees too as we need them to produce the flowers. Just as we need our birds such as the kereru to spread the seeds of the trees as without them we wouldn't have our wonderful forests.
I went for a walk today and added flower photos to my blog - I enjoyed my walk so much.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I forgot to say that your photography is brilliant.

betty-NZ said...

That's an awesome shot!

Love your bee header. We had a swarm stop on a rhodo bush in our garden last year--I was totally fascinated! It was next to the footpath so we called around an a bee-keeper came to collect it.