Saturday, September 18, 2010

Proud Mum !

My beautiful, talented eldest daughter, Meg, at her exhibition held at the wonderful Soul Gallery in the city last night. Her paintings are quite different this time, alot lighter in colour - she always paints how she feels, gone is the dark, sadness that once was seen and felt in her work, in comes the happiness and light - Meg is in a much better place these days !
Soul gallery in Hamilton is a beautiful place to visit - full of fantastic New Zealand art - a wondrous place to spend time just browsing and buying, check out www.soulgallery.co.nz
Meg`s paintings usually have her daughter, Lia, in them somewhere. Lia, my sweet grand-daughter is 13 now and growing up so fast - how about the old wooden clothes line !
This painting represents Meg and her fiancee Cam - birds always feature in her paintings, not sure why - something to do with freedom maybe . . .
This is my favorite, I love the green she has used, the young woman striding out, the old house - it was sold by the end of the evening - not to me ...
This was titled `row my own boat`, very appropriate I believe !

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh I can understand you pride, both in your beautiful daughter and her talent as an artist, and I do love her art. I also love Soul and have visited many times.

Marilyn said...

Oh I can understand you pride, both in your beautiful daughter and her talent as an artist, and I do love her art. I also love Soul and have visited many times.

Marilyn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. This is the website for Sepia Saturday; each week Alan Burnett prepares a post for that week and the Mr Linky is there to add your name and your exact webaddress for your Sepia Saturday post. http://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/
I hope this makes sense to you. I will look forward to you entries.
P Sorry that my comment shows twice, I seem to be having problems - delete one of them if you want.

Joan said...

Oh fancy that! I was invited to the Soul opening last night but was at a wedding! I love your daughter's art.

TICKLEBEAR said...

love MEG's work!!
:)~
HUGZ

TICKLEBEAR said...

ok!! where's the sepia? if you're listing yourself on SEPIA SATURDAY, it's because you feature sepia of some kind. get with it!!
:/~
that's invasion!!
but i still love MEG's work.
so, go to it!! peer over those family albums and find us some goodies!!
:)~
HUGZ

Doris said...

You have every reason to be proud! Beautiful daughter and very creative, interesting artist.

Dom said...

This artwork is beautiful, does she have an online gallery of available work - we'd love to acquire a piece.

Ngaio said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.

I would do sepis sat if I knew what to do !!!! I know, i`m slow at learning these things, I will try harder this week - ok ?

Dom. Meg doesn`t have a site yet, something she is in the process of doing.

Christine H. said...

Wonderful paintings and your daughter is so lovely.