Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Summer Christmas in New Zealand ..

Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to all my blogger and bee friends - thank you so much for all the great comments and interest in my blog.
As I sit in the sunshine, I will think of you cosy and warm with snow outside and raise a toast to all of you who are making a difference in our shared love of bees.


Summer in NZ means long hot days, pohutukawa trees in bloom all along the coast and inland as well - the early settlers called it the NZ Christmas tree - it is spectacular and always full of humming bees and nectar loving birds.
We have our 6 weeks school holidays from now and most of us take 2/4 weeks off at this time also - I am looking forward to having 3 weeks to relax. I will spend some of that time with my family at the beach - top photo very similar to Papamoa where 2 families live. I also want to catch up with friends in other places and in Feb will be taking Ellena, my youngest daughter down to Wellington where she is beginning her University life for 3 years.
I intend to keep myself very busy next year, it will be the first time in about 35 yrs that I will be on my own - you know the story - home,to flatting, to marriage and children - well, mine will be minus all that which I am totally ok with, this will be the start of an exciting new chapter in my book of life ! I have been asked by the local paper to review books for them and have been approached by the editor of a NZ website called `Happyzine` to write a regular blog entry about bees , sooo, I am going to be busy, plus I intend to update my blog more regularly. I am treating myself to a new laptop when Ellena leaves which will make it alot easier to work from home.
aroha to you all and bless the bees !!


4 comments:

Cliff W said...

Lovely post. It's about 5 degrees below here at the moment and I keep wondering how the bees are getting on. I can almost see the girls huddling up closer and closer and fighting to be on the inside! Have a fantastic holiday and I hope your trip goes well. All the best, Cliff

Lynn said...

One of my greatest pleasures of 2009 has been getting to know you. You are an awesome woman and even though your life is going in a whole new direction, I know you will succeed at anything you put your mind to. The dialogue will continue. Love and peace to you in the new year.

Lynn

Richard Underhill said...

Ngaio, Best wishes to you. We enjoy reading about your beautiful land and people. Just imagine: The girl on the beach standing on her hands is actually upright on our side of the world. Please send us an e-mail; your mail box is full. Love, Rita and Richard Underhill, Peace Bee Farm, USA.

Boni said...

Beautiful. I love what you do. I'm seeing it today for the first time. Thanks for sharing.