Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Spring Things ..

The first cherry to blossom here is Prunus campanulata, the Tui tree. It attracts the birds and bees and always heralds the beginnings of spring for me. It is now classed as a weed species as it pops up everywhere, even in the bush - I still love it though. . .

Ma and Pa Duck checking out the accomodation in the Romulus and Reamus pond which is part of the Italian garden here at the Hamilton Gardens - we have many duck couples around now, some even with babies in tow - very cute .

What would spring be without crocus blooming at the base of the almond and cherry trees - this is once again taken this morning in the Italian garden - I love my job !!


2 comments:

Lynn said...

As I begin to prepare for fall, it makes me happy that I'll be able to follow your blog all winter and be reminded that spring and summer will again come.

Cliff W said...

Hi Ngaio,

I found your Blog through following Lynn's and must reiterate her comments. For some reason, I hadn't appreciated the northern / southern hemisphere divide which brings you into spring and the awakening of the bees' down-under! The best of luck.

P.S please continue the posts with the lovely photos so we can share the seasons with you!