Saturday, September 18, 2010

Proud Mum !

My beautiful, talented eldest daughter, Meg, at her exhibition held at the wonderful Soul Gallery in the city last night. Her paintings are quite different this time, alot lighter in colour - she always paints how she feels, gone is the dark, sadness that once was seen and felt in her work, in comes the happiness and light - Meg is in a much better place these days !
Soul gallery in Hamilton is a beautiful place to visit - full of fantastic New Zealand art - a wondrous place to spend time just browsing and buying, check out www.soulgallery.co.nz
Meg`s paintings usually have her daughter, Lia, in them somewhere. Lia, my sweet grand-daughter is 13 now and growing up so fast - how about the old wooden clothes line !
This painting represents Meg and her fiancee Cam - birds always feature in her paintings, not sure why - something to do with freedom maybe . . .
This is my favorite, I love the green she has used, the young woman striding out, the old house - it was sold by the end of the evening - not to me ...
This was titled `row my own boat`, very appropriate I believe !

10 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Oh I can understand you pride, both in your beautiful daughter and her talent as an artist, and I do love her art. I also love Soul and have visited many times.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Oh I can understand you pride, both in your beautiful daughter and her talent as an artist, and I do love her art. I also love Soul and have visited many times.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. This is the website for Sepia Saturday; each week Alan Burnett prepares a post for that week and the Mr Linky is there to add your name and your exact webaddress for your Sepia Saturday post. http://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/
I hope this makes sense to you. I will look forward to you entries.
P Sorry that my comment shows twice, I seem to be having problems - delete one of them if you want.

Unknown said...

Oh fancy that! I was invited to the Soul opening last night but was at a wedding! I love your daughter's art.

Bruno Laliberté said...

love MEG's work!!
:)~
HUGZ

Bruno Laliberté said...

ok!! where's the sepia? if you're listing yourself on SEPIA SATURDAY, it's because you feature sepia of some kind. get with it!!
:/~
that's invasion!!
but i still love MEG's work.
so, go to it!! peer over those family albums and find us some goodies!!
:)~
HUGZ

Doris said...

You have every reason to be proud! Beautiful daughter and very creative, interesting artist.

d said...

This artwork is beautiful, does she have an online gallery of available work - we'd love to acquire a piece.

Ngaio said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.

I would do sepis sat if I knew what to do !!!! I know, i`m slow at learning these things, I will try harder this week - ok ?

Dom. Meg doesn`t have a site yet, something she is in the process of doing.

Christine H. said...

Wonderful paintings and your daughter is so lovely.